Monday, November 16, 2009

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by: Brian Selznick

About a week ago, I finished reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. I really enjoyed reading the book because not only do its words describe what happens, but also the black and white hand-drawn sketches really made the book fun for me. It gave me a description and a visual of what was really happening. I felt many different emotions while reading The Invention of Hugo Cabret, I felt excitement, fear, sadness and overall enjoyment that a book could be so captivating! The story begins with Hugo and his father, a clock maker living in Paris, a long time ago. Hugo's father returns after work one day with a strange automaton. Together, they think that if the automaton can be fixed, he will write a secret message...
But as time goes by, all the elements are against Hugo and his father: a mysterious fire, an orphan, a toy mouse, The Key and The Man On The Moon come together and help create the wonderful story that is "The Invention of Hugo Cabret": a truly enchanting piece of literature that would put day-dreamers, imaginers and everyone in a trance.

No comments:

Post a Comment